One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Certificate of Enrollment (CoE)

  • Jigar Parekh profile image
  • Jigar Parekh Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

I got admission and scholarship offer from Adelaide. I need to accept the scholarship by 9th June and later I can send them the complete admission offer acceptance form. After this, I'll receive CoE (certificate of enrollment) in order to apply for Visa.

The decision for my application at Sydney will be out by the end of June.

So my explicit question to is -- can I obtain CoE from Adelaide and later decline it in case I get an offer from Sydney? Doing so, will I be charged any fine, or I can't even do so at all?

I am thinking so much coz I do have high chances to get into Sydney. So obviously, I would not like to loose it just bcoz I am already enrolled in Adelaide, which indeed is my second preference. Please advice me at the earliest. Thanks.

Replies (2)

  • Sangeetha Anto
  • Sangeetha Anto Expert

Hi Jigar,Thanks for writing to us.Congratulations for the offer received from the University of Adelaide eCOE is issued when a student accepts the offer and does the first term fee payment. Once you receive the confirmation of enrolment from the university it is also registered with Australian High commission that you have been enrolled in to the university for the following programme and intake.Instead accepting the offer request the university for extension time period for the scholarship.If you are interested studying in University of Sydney or very much sure that you will receive the offer from the university kindly wait for the issuance of offer letter and start the process.

  • Jigar Parekh profile image
  • Jigar Parekh Original poster

hello Sangeetha, 

thank you for the reply. I got the Admission offer from the Uni of Sydney as well (but waiting for their scholarship decision). So now I am thinking of accepting the scholarship offer at the Uni of Adelaide (via email, as they suggested) and later (in two weeks) send over the filled Admission and Scholarship acceptance forms. Within these two weeks, if I get the scholarship offer from the Uni of Sydney as well, I'll decline the offer from Uni of Adelaide (without receiving the CoE from the same) and accept the offer from Uni of Sydney (with a CoE).

does it sound okay?

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit