One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
Can the dependent get 1 year visa if they are joining there spouse?
Ashish B Ashish B Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 11
Thank you for the information. I am a commerce graduate and have 8 years of work experience in BPO Industry. I would like to know if I can take up Level 7 Graduate Dip course in NZ instead of Level 8 because of the less fees and still get visa? and also please confirm if the Dependent would get just 1 year visa if they are joining there spouse or will they get 1+1 year along with student visa holder?
  • April 10, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: New Zealand

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9942 Trusted Advisor

Hi Ashish, 

Level & programs and above will get you a 1 year Visa extension under " Graduate Job Search Work Visa" and your spouse will get a depedent visa for the same period as long as you are studying or working in New Zealand. Level 7 or Level 8 does not matter.  So you and your spouse will get a minimum of 2 years stay in New Zealand and thereafter it will depend on your ability to hold on your job visa. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Can the dependent get 1 year visa if they are joining there spouse?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.