One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

M.Tech. or PhD. in Petroleum

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia
Hello Sir, I had done M.Sc. in petrochemical. I would like to pursue PhD or M Tech from Australia. Please guide me how can I take admission in Australia and give me details of procedure of admission.

Replies (2)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi Masters in Petroleum or Oil & Gas Engineering has excellent scope in Australia. My preference in Australia will be to look at Western Australia where there are a couple of good Universities. Take a look at University of Western Australia which offers a Course named Master of Gas and Oil engineering and Check the University of Curtin which offers Master of Engineering Science ( Petroleum). 

Western Australia has immense scope for Mining and Petroleum Engineering and so will be a good place to seek employment. 

In Adelaide, Australian School of Petroleum, Adelaide University also offers an excellent Masters. 

The General requirement is a Relevant Engineering like Petrochemical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering can apply. In general most Universities seek a first class graduate and would need you to have an IELTS of 6.5 and above. The general intakes are in July and Feb of every year. The process of visa is quite large and seek advice from an Education Consultant. Apply for these courses well in advance ( atleast 6 months to a year)  as these courses are very popular and in general gets filled up fast. I would advice you to apply for a Masters rather than a PhD. 

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

you should go for from IITs/NITS throw GATE.


Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit