One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Please Review my case and suggest viable options to study abroad

• Vedant Gala profile image
  • Vedant Gala Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Germany

Hi, so I'm an EnTC Student from private and Autonomous VIT, Pune. Currently in my 4th year, I want to Pursue an MS course. My record until now:

1)Current Percentage/CGPA : 8.5

2)Not yet applied for GRE

3)Not yet shortlisted field of interest

4)Not yet shortlisted University/Country

5)Have been very active in college - Student Council member, TEDx organiser

6) Founding team member of a women empowerment registered social start-up and Operation's director at 180 degrees consulting, VIT branch.

7) Delegate at annual HUII conference 2017.

8) Ongoing project with DRDO, India.

9) Intern at Telikos, a company dealing in Video compression, encoding, decoding and transport streams.

10) Cultural Youth exhange student at Lion's Denmark Camp E, 2016. Only one from India.

Now what next should I do, it's only now that I started being serious about MS.

Should I apply immediately, or gain work experience for 1-2 years? 

Ultimate aim is to settle abroad and earn loads of money.

Replies (2)

• Padma Sampath profile image
  • Padma Sampath Expert

Dear Vedant.

Very interesting co-curricular activities you have. Work experience is not mandatory to proceed further with MS unless you are aiming for the very top ranked institutions. If you would like to study MS starting Fall 2018 below are things to be noted.

1) First identify the country you want to study MS. Except for universities in USA and few universitiesin Canada, other world ranked universities do not require GRE for MS program. Hence, plan your tests accordingly.

2) TOEFL/IELTS scores are mandatory if you would like to study in an English Speaking country,(USA,Canada, Ireland, UK, Australia, New Zealand etc,.)

3)The peak application season for Fall 2018 intake starts from September and priority deadlines would close by Jan/Feb depending on the university you are applying to. Hence, plan your applicaiton time line accordingly.

Hope your queries got clarified!

Thank you

Regards

Padmapriya

Senior Education Counsellor, Hot courses India

padma.sampath@hotcourses.co.in

• Vaseem Ziaee profile image
  • Vaseem Ziaee Participant

Hi, I am (B.Tech) mechanical engineer, graduated in 2009 from India. I have a work experience of around six years, currently working as refrigeration project/sales engineer in Abu Dhabi, UAE 

I applied for free masters courses in mechanical field (English) at few universities in Germany through uniassist but they were rejected because the course had requirement of German grade 2.5 and mine is 2.8 based on uniassist evaluation

My percentage in B.tech is 64% and IELTS score of 7. Could you kindly advise me courses/universities where my profile/grade are acceptable 

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit