One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Study in New Zealand

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: New Zealand
I want pursue Masters Degree from AUT or UOA New Zealand. 1. Should we have to submit research papers like something before commencement? 2. What is the difference between Masters of Engineering & Master of engineering studies? Which one is better? 3. Could I get admission in this year only?

Replies (1)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi, You need to sumit Research papers only for MPhil or PhD programs and generally not needed for MS programs. Master of Engineering Studies in AUT is a one year Masters and develops the analytical capabilities and knowledge base of the student, strengthens knowledge of current and potential developments in their chosen discipline. 

Whereas Master of Engineering at AUT allows to specilalise in one of the  Engineering areas and is a research-only qualification. This program needs a research proposal at AUT. 
But Master of Engineering programs at University of Auckland are 1 year Masters program and you can progress to a PhD after your Masters. 
Both AUT and University of Auckland are very high quality institutions and so needs good grades in UG to gain admission. An good IELTS score of 6.5 plus is alos required. 
The two major seasons for admissions are July and Feb of every year and You can try and apply for Feb 2013 intake. Admission normallys takes anytime between 3 to 6 weeks and visas could take any time between 2 weeks to 6 weeks depending on the application.

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit