script
One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • /
  • /
  • Students Advice & Breaking News

International Student News

All the latest news and advice for prospective & current international students, keeping you informed on your education journey.

Top Stories

article image

'Protective bubble' proposed for the next academic year in the UK

In an effort to safely emerge from the lockdown in the UK, universities might consider accommodating students of the same course in groups. This should minimise movement around the campus, or, limit it to 'bubbles'.  Restrictions might be lifted in future after careful consideration of the situation at that time. The aim is to allow international students to start their classes in January.

COVID-19
article image

Australian universities plan 'safe corridors' for international students

The Group of Eight is an association of 8 leading Australian universities. To bring in international students, the Go8 has submitted a plan to the federal government. As per the plan, students from countries where COVID-19 outbreaks are under control would be allowed to come to Australia. They will have to complete a round of isolation and health checks at home, travel to Australia and be under quarantine before attending their classes on campus.

COVID-19
article image

Virtual learning is gaining popularity

Students show an increased interest in the prospect of online learning as per the survey by QS, a leading higher education network. The survey collected responses from nearly 30,000 international students. When 40% of them said they are not at all interested, the remaining 60% showed some level of interest in studying online.

COVID-19

liveLATEST UPDATES

  • Canadian universities favour the hybrid model

    Out of 60 Canadian universities, more than 55% have adopted the hybrid model of learning, which is primarily online, supported by limited on-campus opportunities.

    COVID-19
  • Increased interest in online learning

    Around 30,000 international students were part of a recent QS survey. Of them, around 60% showed some level of interest in online learning. 40% of them said they are not at all interested in studying online.

    COVID-19
  • The University of Cambridge has announced that the classes will be delivered online until the next academic year. Small group teaching, lab work and practicals might still be allowed under strict conditions.

    COVID-19
  • Ireland announces new measures to support English language students

    English language students who had to leave because of the pandemic can return and resume their studies and this interval from studies will not be counted towards the 2 years, which is the maximum period allowed for English language study. 
    If you are unable to leave even after completing 2 years, you can retain the status as a student, provided you enrol for an online course for the rest of the year.

    COVID-19
  • The IIE is helping international students in the US 

    The Institute of International Education has set aside USD 1 million for distribution as emergency grants to help international students. They aim to raise another USD 1 million.

    COVID-19
  • International students need not be in Quebec to start their studies

    The Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEES), Quebec has confirmed that students can begin their studies online if they are unable to come to Quebec due to the restrictions in place. However, they should get ready the Quebec Acceptance Certificate and study permit so that they can travel to Quebec as soon as the situation is favourable.

    COVID-19