Murdoch University, the second university to open its doors in Western Australia, is recognised as one of Australia’s leading research institutions. Established in 1975, the University has a current student enrolment of more than 22,000 students and 2,000 staff, which include 2,000 international students from close to 100 countries around the world. We're proud of our national reputation for excellence in teaching, research and student satisfaction.
Our students are enrolled in over 200 undergraduate degrees and postgraduate courses across a range of disciplines, including Veterinary Science, Law, Teaching, Psychology, Business, Security Terrorism and Counterterrorism and Nursing.
We take a flexible approach to learning, providing scholarships and a number of admission pathways, plus a range of internal and external study options to help our students fit study around their work and lifestyle commitments. For students who are undecided about which course to select, Murdoch goes one step further and offers a clever tool that helps students decide upon their course before they select.
Murdoch provides its research candidates and scientists with the opportunity to make amazing discoveries in various fields.
We're also recognised as one of Australia's leading research institutions, as more industries place their belief and resources into our projects to provide our research candidates and scientists with the opportunity to make amazing discoveries.
Points of Pride:
- The AUD$35 million Institute for Immunology and Infectious Diseases (IIID) at Murdoch University is partially funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and provides state of the art facilities to continue research into preventing and reducing the impact of diseases worldwide, and to advance medical and scientific knowledge.
- Murdoch is home to a state of the art Media Arts Centre, which boasts facilities such as two digital TV studios, a news room, a print journalism space, radio studios, video edit suites, recording studios and surround sound suites.
- Murdoch University’s Veterinary Science course was the first veterinary course in Australia to achieve American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accreditation. Murdoch has a veterinary clinic, teaching hospital and large animal farms at its main campus.
- The Engineering School boasts an Engineering pilot plant and a six-month industry internship program, designed to produce work-ready, highly-skilled graduates.
- Murdoch is home to the Western Australian State Agricultural Biotechnology Centre (SABC), which is one of the largest and most research-active Centres for biotechnology in Australia. Murdoch was one of the first Australian universities to offer Biotechnology.
- Murdoch is a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU).
International Student App
Murdoch International has a FREE downloadable Smartphone App providing prospective international students with all the information they need to know. This handy App provides information about study, living and the Murdoch experience - Stay Connected!